imago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
imago

odd thoughts

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UNSPEAKA BO commenti

Go down 
AuthorMessage
spock
Admin
spock

UNSPEAKA BO commenti Empty
PostSubject: UNSPEAKA BO commenti   UNSPEAKA BO commenti Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:26 am

as one does, i was ranting on to someone the other day about the bailout thing and the global contagion and the fallout from market failures and all that, well, getting carried away as one does, i conjectured, no, i declared, that the markets should collapse, that there should be no bailouts anywhere, because it's only rewarding greed and unethical weirdness. for starters that is. but, said my captive listener, if the markets fail then everyone could lose, you could lose your job, many innocent people will suffer, chaos would be unleashed etc.

so i sez good. what better correction and humbling than for people to see that the worship of the market is a toxic thing, maybe this could present an opportunity for more people to seek real values, what better thing to encourage people to consume less, to aspire to american consumption levels less, to quit heroizing and idolizing the wealthy and their 'lifestyles'? why not let the markets fall goldarnit. if i'm forced to shrink my own comforts as a result then so be it.

accumulating wealth by unethical means is what is being rewarded and reinforced over and over. fixing and remedying a system that works this way keeps the whole illusion going, that everyone can have an suv, that everyone should consume bails of toilet paper and coca cola and shit and more shit. i was frothing at the mouth.

so many people are locked into that life, of needing two cars, travelling 50km or farther to work, needing to go to walmart to stock up on toilet paper and hungry man dinners, on a treadmill to keep them from thinking about the choices they make and end up having to make as a result of buying into, or being forced to buy into, a mentality and an economic system that serves nobody but the people they are all bailing out now. the longer the shift to a more real system of being is delayed the more painful will be the reckoning.

so you say oh it will be so painful. well there won't be any escaping it, only delaying it and making it ever more painful. there has to be some kind of karma, some kind of payback for encouraging people to buy into the unreal fantasy of the american lifestyle.

the universe is unlimitedly abundant, but the way abundance is being marketed is nothing but selfishness and a warping of people's good impulses, taking advantage of the survival instinct and running with it, till survival means do we have enough toilet paper honey don't forget to gas up the suv i have to go buy new trainers for little sammy.

UNSPEAKA BO commenti 110719

i'll bang on about toilet paper some other time.
Back to top Go down
https://imago.aforumfree.com
spock
Admin
spock

UNSPEAKA BO commenti Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNSPEAKA BO commenti   UNSPEAKA BO commenti Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:51 pm

UNSPEAKA BO commenti Story

i suppose this is closer to what i was carrying on about.
Back to top Go down
https://imago.aforumfree.com

UNSPEAKA BO commenti
Page 1 of 1