imago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
imago

odd thoughts

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spock
Admin
spock

TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Empty
PostSubject: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:47 pm

hi, i'm only learning as i go along too, so we try our best. i'm finding using safari even on windows works better, but this opinion might change. my computer is really screwy lately since i put in a new antivirus, so i don't know where the problems really lie. fwiw, don't download threatfire or whatever it's called, it's too new and has made more problems than it's worth. and fwiw, i find using no antivirus protection at all is better than using one, all of them i've tried have been absolute buggery. and if you know where you're going online you don't need that kind of protection anyway.viruses are not as mysterious as all the antivirus hucksters want you to believe.

anyway, putting up an 'avatar'. that's the little picture that goes with your member name. well, let me look.

i had to create a new membership for myself to see it how you see it. so my name for the fake membership is 'spunky winkerbean'. now, go to the link called, 'profile'.

right? okay, here you can enter bits that will show up on your post name, like your birthday and location and stuff. remember none of this has to be entered, and nothing has to be true. with safari only, you can enlarge the message field, thats the part of the screen where you are typing your shit into., there's a little box on the bottom right corner of the field with some diagonal lines. drag your mouse there, you'll see what i mean, you can enlarge the field. sweet.

okay, at the top of the member profile, there are some red links, click on the one that says 'avatar'. an 'avatar control panel' will open up, and here, you can browse your own computer by clicking 'browse'. your picture has to be of the dimensions listed, which is 150x200 pixels, and not more than 64 kb in size. if you can't be buggered to shrink your favoured image down to that size, select an avatar from the 'avatar gallery'.

wait, i'm not sure if there are avatars in that gallery. hang on.
Back to top Go down
https://imago.aforumfree.com
spunky winkerbean

spunky winkerbean

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:52 pm

hey mr. spockface i'm yer new member!
Back to top Go down
spock
Admin
spock

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:52 pm

oh, there's craploads. there is a box at the top of the gallery that shows categories, look through and select one. of course they are all cliches, and you could be more original by making your own on your computer and making it the size i told you. for now i picked ned flanders out of the simpsons on the simpsons/south park gallery.

so select it and click save, and another window opens to your 'avatar control panel'. if you're happy with ned flanders, click save, and if you aren't, make your own on your computer and click 'browse', and take it off your hard drive. if it doesn't work, you'll have to wiggle with the size thing again. okay?
Back to top Go down
spock
Admin
spock

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:55 pm

okay, so now you have an avatar. a friend of mine has protested to me that my alien avatar that i've used for the past five years should be shitcanned, because it scares him. so for instructions sake, i will try to change my avatar. well, i mean i'll try to, with a image of myself. here we go.
Back to top Go down
spock
Admin
spock

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:03 am

well first, i will save my beloved alien on my desktop to make sure i can go back to him if i don't want to see my fucking face on here.

TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM 1-52

well that was more hassle and buggery than it was worth.
Back to top Go down
spock
Admin
spock

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:29 am

well that was a big friggin waste of 30 minutes. i resized the pic to make it fit the forum dimensions and it wasn't a go, so fuck it. besides, don't fear the alien, there is going to be a major load of alien activity in our skies and in our lives in the near future, so getting used to it might be a good thing. BOO! lol.

so if you can't get a pic in the right dimensions, i don't know, nothing works as it should in this life, so just pick an avatar from the gallery. xin loi.
Back to top Go down
spock
Admin
spock

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:03 am

well next i'll tell ya what i know about the message thinger. but before i bail for bed the little box up there, when you're typing out a message reply or posting a new thread, on the right, before the one with the chain links, there is a little green polaroidish icon in the box? right? well click on that, and copy and paste a link of an image and walla, your image will appear in your message field. that's the white box where your typing appears. that's called hotlinking, posting an image that is hosted by some other website.

if you have an image of your own you want to post, open an imageshack or similar account, they're free, or open a picasa account if you use gmail. there's a 'photos' link at the top of your gmail page. click on that and set up your own damn account.

good lucky. it's easier than it looks.
Back to top Go down
spock
Admin
spock

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 pm

so there's a button on the left at the top of the page? it says new? and you like, click on that 'new' button? and you can start your own thread! don't be shy, shy babies get no treats.

i know a few of you have actually checked out some posts, coz i see the number of page views grow, and i'm not the one clicking on them.

i think devaburger is going to post images of her trip to europe, aren't you d? loochy looch, you remember that? lol.

TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM 397915
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM   TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIPS ON USING THIS F0RUM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
imago :: news and images of the day :: so post something already-
Jump to: