imago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
imago

odd thoughts

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
spock
Admin
spock

4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY Empty
PostSubject: 4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY   4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:06 pm

choi oi. i haven't heard from any of you for a while, so things must be good. it's nice to receive emails but why not quit wussing and post to me on here?

well, i'm not too sure about the holiday now, i've got this nesting bug and i'm thinking i need a new fridge and a new computer. not exciting as a prospect but i don't know if i'll be living here next year, and if i do have to move i'll likely need to buy a fridge. jesus mary and joseph i've never had to buy a fridge before. well there's that and it's time to start thinking about dental work, middle age you know.

and other small things i want to do, like this extra job. i'm starting to feel good about it, it starts on monday and it will be an opportunity to make quite a bit of money, money better spent on going somewhere far away for a longer time, like back to the middle east and possibly italy too. other people have been talking about where they've gone and stuff, and much as i like asia i have a strong hankering for something further afield, and i don't want no hokey ten dayer, i want to spend like 3 weeks visiting some proper ruins. and not in bloody january, never go to the middle east in january, it's cold.

i'll need a new passport wherever i go anyway, this one is good for another year but it's full, and it's also got israel stamps, which will keep me out of the muslim world.

so shit is good here, the dry season is finally here and it's getting cooler. i use a blanket now for the first time in four years, getting vietnamized. 26c is cold! and i think i passed death by for another few years, so i'm looking to take some real risks with my safety, lol, like syria and lebanon! yesterday morning, as my odometer turned over to 7777km, i had a near miss from a speeding bus at the intersection i always worried would be where i'd get creamed someday. the bastard sped up as he approached, and i was in a stream of traffic that was turning left. hemmed in, i had little choice but to speed up as well, though there were quite a few vehicles in front of me. well i think the bus missed me by about 5cm. that's when i seen the odometer had the magic numbers.

4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY 62283

so i live!

4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY 935392

i may go somewhere inside viet nam for tet though, just because i got a travel voucher from work, a cheesy perk to go with a cheesy teacher award, (i'm teacher of the year! well, me and like 5 other people, lol) and it would pay the airfare. maybe i go up to sapa or ha long bay, i've not been there before.

xmas should be relaxing, the city is always fun at that time, there'll be fake snow blowing out of the tax mall and the lights here are actually much nicer than in any western city i've seen. going to do dinner a few times and maybe have a party.

and i'll save up the excitement for may or so, when i'll be flush enough to take a big trip and stay in nice hotels.
Back to top Go down
https://imago.aforumfree.com
spock
Admin
spock

4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY   4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:15 pm

4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY 97714 me kiep what am i saying! i can't stay here for tet, saigon sucks at tet! it was two years ago, i stayed and it was so gloomy, this place is like a ghost town then. after that i swore i'd never spend tet holiday in saigon again, god what a snore of a time that was.

so i guess i'll just be a bit frugal this month and go down to kuala lumpur after all, just for 4 or 5 days. airfare will be expensive, it's chinese new year all across asia. saigon is just peculiar that time in that everyone, practically everyone, goes away to the countryside, leaving the lonely and miserables who can't afford to go home. not fun.

so i'm definitely heading to malaysia or jakarta then. crap, that means i have to spend 150usd on a new passport now. and a new visa. me kiep this is getting expensive already! k no new fridge for me. 4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY 557604
Back to top Go down
https://imago.aforumfree.com

4 FRICKIN DECEMBER ALREADY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
imago :: news and images of the day :: so post something already-
Jump to: